Be a model of excellence. Teach at Excel Academy.
Teaching exceptional students requires exceptional dedication and hard work. In order to prepare our students for the highest performing public and private high schools and to assist in minimizing the achievement gap, teachers must reach all learners. Excel Academy teachers are relentless in their pursuit of academic excellence.
- Excel Academy Founding Staff are entrepreneurial teacher-leaders. They have a clear vision of academic excellence and are excited to lay the foundation for Washington’s First All-Girls Public Charter School.
- Parents, students, and staff commit to the school and the Excel Academy Team by signing a Covenant of Excellence.
- Teachers are committed to long term planning, unit designs, and daily standards based lesson plans. They use on-going assessments to track student progress and drive instruction.
- Excel Academy classrooms are alive with enriching activities and authentic learning.
- Teachers receive ongoing professional development during the summer and throughout the year. Teamwork and collaboration is incorporated throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
- Rigorous academic instruction is balanced with music, art, outdoor play, extracurricular activities and field trips.
OPENINGS for SY 2013-14
Excel Academy is now accepting applications for the 2013-14 school year. We are building an exceptional team with a strong interest in growing an academically rigorous school for girls.
Special Education Teacher
After School Staff
Please send resume, and cover letter to HR@excelpcs.org
Please no phone calls.