In order to maximize time on task and decrease attention towards outside distractions, Excel Academy girls are expected to adhere to a formal Dress Code. Anything deemed inappropriate or distracting by the administration may also be added to this policy. Clothing must be sized appropriately to fit the student. Clothes may not be too big, too small, too short, or too tight. Students in the building or participating in off campus activities are expected to be in Dress Code, including school performances, field trips (unless otherwise indicated), Saturday Academy, or during after school events.
- DREAM (PS and Pre-K) Yellow polo or blouse, short or long-sleeved, solid color
- ACHIEVE (K-3) Light blue polo or blouse, short or long-sleeved, solid color
- LEAD (4-5) White polo or blouse, short or long-sleeved, solid color
Navy blue cardigan sweater (optional)
White undershirts only (if visible)
- Navy bottoms, jumpers, pants, shorts, skirts, or skorts
- Skirts, skorts, shorts, and jumpers must reach the knee. (ACHIEVE and LEAD)
- White, black, gray or navy blue solid color socks or tights (no patterns or logos)
- Black soft-soled shoes (no boots or heels)
- Shoelaces and logos must be black
- Snow and rain boots may be worn to school during inclement weather and must be changed prior to going to class
- Black or navy blue belts (belts not required)
Excel Academy students are not permitted to wear:
- Hooded sweatshirts and outerwear in the building. Scholars must remove coats, jackets, and non-uniform outerwear upon entering the classroom
- Denim of any color.
- Tops or bottoms with patterns, designs, logos, stripes, or polka dots.
- Distracting jewelry or accessories including watches, bracelets, headbands with large flowers/fixtures, oversized hair accessories, and hoop or dangling earrings (stud earrings allowed).
- Shoes with heels
- Non-religious head wear, hats, scarves, or bandanas
- Make-up of any kind (including lip gloss)
- Nail polish or false finger nails
It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their scholar is in the proper uniform every day. You must agree to comply with the Excel Academy Dress Code. Your scholar will not be permitted to begin the school day if she comes to school out of uniform. When possible, students will need to remove all items that violate the uniform policy. If a scholar’s shirt, pants/dress, or shoes do not meet uniform requirements, they will be given neutral cover-ups to place over the inappropriate attire for the day. Scholars with recurring uniform violations will not be permitted to attend school until they are in the correct uniform.